This project explores the "personality" and communication methods of presidential commercials. The "data" is a collection of screenshots pulled from the 2020 election year. There are 20 commercials observed for both Biden and Trump. Color intensity was the primary basis for the analysis based on features used in ImageJ: Average Intensity, Standard Deviation, and Sum Slice.
Data Source: Museum of Moving Images
Program Used: ImageJ
Biden 2020 presidential commercials
1. Colors are desaturated and muted.
2. Biden's name is less prevalent compare to Trump.
3. Appears more people-oriented, i.e., Biden's presence is not obvious.
Trump 2020 Presidential Commercials
1. Prompts a call-to-action.
2. Words are emphasized and used to draw in the viewer.
3. Red is a strong color throughout; however, the colors are more of a darker tone.
4. It's easy to make out the word "Trump" and his "presence."